Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Daniel Tiger Birthday Party

My son just turned 3-years old and is absolutely obsessed with Daniel Tiger. He knows all the songs and can recite episodes. So naturally I would throw him a Daniel Tiger Party.

Here are some of the projects my husband and I took on for his party.

I absolutely wanted a trolley so the kids could take pictures! My hubby used a piece of sheet rock, cut out two squares for the windows, added cardboard, paint, and used printable masks  from the PBS website to glue onto it.
Daniel Tiger Neighborhood Trolley
Our son absolutely loved it and now has a trolley he can play with.
Daniel Tiger Trolley

Daniel Tiger Trolley

Daniel Tiger Trolley


Ethan was so excited that Daniel Tiger was all over the house
Daniel Tiger Party




I purchased these bags from Party City for $2.99 for a pack of 10 or 12, then I printed these favor tags and stapled them to the bags.
Daniel Tiger goodie bags

Daniel Tiger goodie bag labels

These are the same masks we glued to the trolley. We printed them out and glued popsicle sticks to the back. We purchased a bag of popsicle sticks from Michaels for $3.99.

Daniel Tiger's Neighborhood masks


For the cake, we used the directions from the PBS website but tweaked it a bit. We used two layers of cake. We used a mason jar lid to cut out an area for the ears on the top layer of the cake, then we put unwrapped cupcakes as the ears. We used frosting as glue to keep them in place. For the tiger stripes, we piped chocolate frosting onto the cake. For the eyebrows we cut one chocolate candy melt in half. For the mouth, we use black decorating gel and added half a pink starburst for his tongue.

Daniel Tiger Cake



Daniel Tiger Party

We used these directions for the tiger tails and tiger cups. We made a slight change with the tiger cups. We only used chocolate and vanilla pudding and mini chocolate chips. We used regular food coloring to turn the pudding orange, just a few drops of red and yellow. I purchased a pack of 20 shooter cups from party city, and mini spoons from Dollar Tree. We used these free printables for the labels.

Tiger Tails

Tiger Cups

For the cupcakes I cut a polkadot straw in half and taped these free printables to it. All of the trays I used to hold the food came from Dollar tree.

Daniel Tiger cupcakes

I uploaded this picture of D. Tiger to Vistaprint and selected this design to create my banner. It was half off so I paid $10 for it.

Daniel Tiger Birthday Banner

These printables came from the PBS website also.



 The party was an overall succes, my son loved everything. Hope you enjoy planning your party as much as I did!













No comments:

Post a Comment